cover letter

To whom this may concern:

I would like to be considered for acceptance into your dietetic internship program for the 2011-2012 school year.  I will be graduating in May of 2011 majoring in Nutrition in the College of Health and Human Sciences. I would like to use the background knowledge I have gained thus far and develop additional dietetic skills through your internship so that it  will further my career and make me the best dietitian I can be.  My education at University of Tennessee and employment background in food services make me a desirable candidate for the dietetic internship program that you offer.

During my college career, I have excelled in my nutrition courses as well as my other courses.  I have worked very hard to be able to maintain a good GPA while working my two jobs .  I have also been very active in campus activities ranging from sorority life, to campus clubs and organizations, and to general community Nutrition.  Being active is the key to my success.  The more I have to do, the better I plan my time, and therefore am able to accomplish my goals.

During my sophomore year of college, I began teaching Nutrition to children as young as kindergarten age.  Once a week, I would go to a center to teach.   We talked about foods that would promote heart health, bone strength, and other basic ideas that a child could grasp easily.  We also went over how many servings of fruits and vegetables to eat per day and how to get adequate exercise.  This program taught me a lot and has further given me a reason on why I want to be a dietitian.

My work experience in the food service industry, along with my volunteering and other activities, qualify me as a strong candidate for your program.  I believe each position I have held has enhanced my ability to communicate with a wide variety of personalities, backgrounds, and skill levels.  I am certain my previous experiences, and skills in nutrition and food service, will be an asset to your internship.  I feel as though I could make a significant impact during this internship and gain the knowledge needed to be prosperous in my career of dietetics.

I look forward to meeting with you regarding the internship opportunities.  I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to read and consider my application.  If you need any additional information, I will be more than willing to help you.  Thank-you for your consideration and have a great day.

Very Respectfully,

L. Brooks Crone