Work Philosophy

          Over the years of working and volunteering under several employers, coaches, and other professionals, I have developed a mindset of the work ethic that I feel is unique to me.  A wise chef once told me, "Strive for the best and nothing less."  This reminds me that no matter what what the situation is, never stop trying.  I can use this in the dietetic field when counseling people about problems that might occur.  I can also explain to them that when striving for the best, you can not leave out the small details.  In life, it is the details that customers, patients, supervisors, and other people look at which make up the whole picture.  It's like a puzzle.  The puzzle can not be finished until every piece is connected.  The same applies in any other situation.  The small details are what make the big picture look good.  In the field, I can apply that to situations such as people who are cheating on their diet or people who are not exercising.  In order to strive for the best and "finish the puzzle," one must first believe they can.  The individual is already defeated if he or she does not believe they can accomplish the goal set in the beginning. Mark Hansen once said, “Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.”  Believing you can do something is the first step on the ladder to success. 
          Another work philosophy of mine is time management and being on time.  Ever since I was 16, I have juggled at least two jobs with different schedules and different supervisors.  Also, I have been involved in various activities that required at least 2 or 3 hours of practice a day.  Thus, the only way for me to be able to do all of this is time management.  It can be done, I promise.  Being able to plan ahead is the key.  I know that if I want to help people and see the smile that I long to see from people, I need to plan accordingly.  Throughout my college career at Tennessee, I have come to realize if I have various activities going on at once, it is easier to manage my time so that I can dedicate time to my friends and family and also maintain the strong work philosophy that I feel to be important.
                             10 miles to the top--20 miles round trip. Gained about 5,000 ft elevation
Grand Teton National Park
"Always believe."