Dietetic internship plan

             Life is not about the destination, but the journey it takes to get to the destination.  I believe you need to allow yourself as many opportunities as you can and make the best of everything.  After graduation in the Spring of 2011, I desire to be accepted  into a dietetic internship.  I feel this is the next big step I need to climb in order to increase my knowledge and practical experience in the field of dietetics.  I am going to do everything I can to make certain I end up at a place that I feel I can excel most at.
             Growing up in the south has been delightful.  However, I am ready to branch out and explore new places.  I want to meet new people--serve others--and encourage our society about the healthy benefits of nutrition. My first and foremost priority is to pursue an internship that will challenge me and encourage my potential as I further develop as a dietitian.  In addition, I want an internship that  will provide me with quality instruction and "hands on" experiences in a diverse population so that upon completion, I will employ the necessary food service and nutrition care techniques in order to be an efficient, confident dietitian that will enable me to excel in any professional opportunity.  I desire an internship with a wide variety of experiences in medical nutrition therapy with an emphasis on evidence-based clinical practice will allow me to express ideas, assessments, and recommendations to those using the American Dietetic Association Code of Ethics.  I look forward to learning about ways to effectively manage a food service and provide quality nutrition care.  I also want an internship that has an emphasis with research.  Because science is constantly evolving, having a strong foundation in research will allow me to stay abreast decades from now.  Moreover, being involved in a strong dietetic internship will bestow the professional skills in order to be the effective dietitian I strive to become.
            I would really like to pick Spanish back up.  With our country having so many Hispanic people, I believe  knowing Spanish, at least enough to speak in a clinical setting, could further my career and allow me to help more people with their nutritional needs.  It is hard to assist people when there is a language barrier in the way.  Just the other day while working at the hospital, I was not able to accommodate the needs of a patient due to this obstacle.
           I am ready to apply what I have learned in the last four years from the University of Tennessee in Nutrition as well as my outside experiences to branch out and become that dietitian I have desired to become since I was in high school.  Nutrition is my passion.  Helping others become healthy so they can live happy, productive lives is my mission and goal for my professional career.